There are an increasing number of jurisdictions available for yacht owners. Whilst the yacht registration process is very similar with common requirements to all of them, there are some individual aspects that should be taken into consideration before making a final choice.
- Initial and on-going registration costs.
- Eligibility to register a yacht will depend generally on the age of the yacht and most importantly, the nationality of the individual or corporate owner.
- Crew nationality restrictions for commercial yachts
- Acceptability to finance entities
- Survey requirements
There are a number of other factors that need to be taken into account when assessing the most convenient jurisdiction to complete the registration of the vessel. These include the intended use of the yacht (e.g. whether it is to be commercially or privately operated), expected operating area of the yacht or owner’s nationality and domicile.
Generally we can assist with yacht registration in the following jurisdictions:
Red Ensign Flag States
- Isle of Man
- United Kingdom
- Cayman Islands
Other Popular Flag States
- Marshall Islands
- St. Vincent & The Grenadines
- Cook Islands
Clients considering yacht registration in other jurisdictions should contact RegisterAYacht.com as we would be happy to advise and assist you.